Monday, July 13, 2009

just another manic monday

Last night Neill and I headed over to Gracie's parents' house to join them in celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary. A few weeks ago, I was talking to Cindy (gracie's mom) and I asked her to share what her secret is to such a long, successful marriage. She took a moment to think and then said, quite seriously, "Well, I give in to him a lot". What an honest answer! While I don't mean to take a passing comment and turn it into a manifesto, I do think that there is truth in this answer. For marraiges to work, sometimes someone has to give in. You can't always have your way.


I'm still trying to find the fun in selflessness.

But in all seriousness, this post is dedicated to all the happy couples out there who have made it work for years and years and years. Through the thick and thin. Through the ups and downs. Through everything and anything. Cheers!

p.s - is the thick the good times? or is it the thin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!