Tuesday, July 21, 2009

David's Bridal on Elston Avenue

I am not the least bit embarrassed to write a fabulous review of David's Bridal. I don't know why they should get such a bad rap. I say - good for them! Why should wedding dresses be thousands and thousands of dollars? Doesn't everyone, no matter what price point they are looking at, deserve to look beautiful on their wedding day?

I went to David's Bridal today to try on wedding dresses for the first time. I brought my mom and three friends with me for emotional support and, of course, opinions. We worked with Brittanie and she was FABULOUS. If we had ended up working with someone who was pushy, suggesting awful dresses, and/or rude, I'm sure my experience would have been completely different. Luckily, Brittanie is incredibly sweet and really seemed to get my personal style. She was also very patient and didn't make me feel pressured at all. When I called I had the option to request someone to work with, and I suggest requesting her if you don't have someone in mind you would like to be paired with.

The appointment lasted the full hour and half. In that time I tried on a bunch of dresses! Brittanie brought my the dresses I requested, but I ended up liking her suggestions even more! I found about 3 to 4 dresses that I really liked. One strapless lace dress in particular really stole my heart. On the plus side, it was on sale for under 500 dollars! On the down side, it had been discontinued and so I would have to order the dress ASAP. Because it was my first time shopping and my wedding is just under a year away, I chose to walk away from the dress. Maybe I'll go back in a few days and try it on again, but I just couldn't commit right then. And to her credit, Brittanie never made me feel awkward about this!

I would recommend David's Bridal to anyone looking for a wedding dress. Even if you don't end up buying your dress there, they have so many dresses in so many different styles its a great place to try on lots of wedding dresses. You never know, you might find *the one*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!