But, summer is right around the corner! After this long cold snowy winter, I really want to savor summer this year. So, to help me make the most out of Summer 2011, I decided to develop a short bucket list of fun things I want to do before the end of summer.
1. Spend a day at the beach
2. Talk a long walk along the lake front
3. Go to Navy Pier to watch the fireworks and ride the Ferris wheel
4. Spend a whole afternoon drinking in a beer garden with friends
5. Cook dinner at home on the grill
6. Attend the Taste of Chicago
7. Go to one outdoor music event
8. Attend at least one neighborhood festival
9. Go to the Pride Parade
10. Go out for a romantic dinner and sit outside
11. Have a picnic by the lake
12. Go to a baseball game
13. Spend a day at 6-Flags
So there you have it. These are the thirteen things I'm most looking forward to doing. Last summer was all about getting married, but this summer is about taking advantage of everything Chicago has to offer. I feel giddy just looking at this list! I wish the weather would hurry up and cooperate.
But, I have a feeling that once summer does come I might find myself bogged down with classes and work. Because let's be honest, it can be difficult for a type-a personality like myself to relax and have fun when there is work to be done. (but apparently, I'm awesome at rhyming!) So, to keep myself motivated I'm thinking of making this list a permanent feature of my blog, just like "Our Wedding" or "About Me." Then when I finish up an item, I will blog and link!
|Summer 2009, pineapple drink @ Do Division Street Fest|
What are you looking forward to doing this summer? Have you made a Summer Bucket List? What was the best summer of your life?