Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ketubah part III

Now that I've shown you guys the different ketubah designs we are thinking of, it is time to move on to our text choices. In case you missed Ketubah part one and part two, a ketubah is basically a marriage contract. Traditionally, the ketubah covered very practical issues in regards to the rights of the husband and wife. But now, there are a lot more options in terms of wording. I was raised reform and Neill isn't even Jewish, so we are going more the lovey dovey route :) We want the text to basically be an extension of the vows we will recite during the ceremony. Both Neill and I liked these two text options available through New Ketubah.





There are so many more options out there though! On ketubah.com, for example, there are literally 23 different types of texts to choose from! Talk about options! For example, instead of just secular or humanist there are two different secular-humanist texts. But honestly, they all start to sound the same after a while! 

Anyhoo, I think I'm going to drag this out to be a four parter and unveil our chosen ketubah on the next (and last - I promise!) installment of this mini series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!