Monday, September 21, 2009

fashion. turn to the left.

of all the things going on right now, like my first test of graduate school that just happens to be in statistics going down tomorrow or getting ready to juggle jayson and lindsey coming to stay with us and preparing for midterms, you know what is stressing me out the most right now?

what i'm going to wear.

on my wedding day.

many months away.

specifically, 263 days away.

ever since a certain favorite someone found her beautifully wonderful dress, I've felt a bit more motivated to find mine. I suddenly feel like time is running out! It was one of those things that I really wanted to try and force myself to do over the summer, but I just could not get my act together.

It's just so overwhelming!

And, I don't even really love shopping. And, let's face it, I don't want to spend the money. I've always been a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. the pull on whatever is on the floor and run out the door sort of dresser. i don't really do the whole outfit thing. and while i can certainly drop a pretty penny on wonderful cotton t-shirts that shouldn't cost 30 bucks or a pair of jeans that i really like that probably aren't worth the 60 bucks I'm willing to pay for them, looking well dressed just isn't something that is on the forefront of my mind on a daily basis. But, obviously, on my wedding day it is a bit of a different story.

I'd like to look nice.
duh.

but why is it so difficult? for any other occasion I would never ever ever ever ever buy a dress that cost more than 100 bucks. In fact, the last time I bought a formal dress was my sophomore year in college. I think that was the last time I bought my only pair of heals too. That is now 4 years ago. Given this, it is just sooooo bizarre to go to a store and try on these dresses and then think of plopping down hundreds if not thousands of dollars on a dress that I will wear once. It is just sooooooo not like me.

anyways, in my dress anxiety delirium I forced my self to go to j.crew and try on some of their dresses this past sunday. I want to write about some of the horrors of that experience on yelp so keep an eye out for that. but, I did find one lovely dress that was just so wonderfully effortlessly comfortable. (yes, being comfortable always has been and always will be top priority for me)



but then after I tried it on and I told my little helper elf I liked it, she let me know it was sold out. oh. gee. thanks. But whatever, it's 1500 dollars so it happens to be about 1300 dollars more than what I would like to spend. but im still pissed.

If you are still with me right now, you are super fabulous and I thank you. I know everything will be fine. Neill promises to marry me even if I show up in comfy pants so that is somewhat of a relief. It is just frustrating. I wanted a relaxed casual wedding so that I could wear a cheap white sundress from the gap. but for some reason i'm just not feeling brave enough to go that route right now.

le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!