Wednesday, March 11, 2009

moving mountains

I can't stop listening to The Alchemy Index IV: Earth (Thrice). That is probably what I've been doing this last week instead of blogging.

March 3rd was my papa's birthday and my aunt's bday.I'm sure you have all heard this story already, but I feel it is my duty to retell it every year. My father's father's birthday was March 3rd, my aunt was then born on March 3rd (my grandparent's first child), and then a few years later my dad was born on March 3rd. AND my due date was March 3rd. weird. right?

Anyhoo, in celebration of the joint birthday my aunt and her husband came into town. The last two years or so my aunt has really made an effort to come to Chicago a few times a year to visit my dad, which has been really nice for him. Usually Allan (her husband) doesn't come so it was super fun to see him. He is pretty much a modern day freud. He does psychoanalysis "on the couch" and has the sort of dry humor that i heart. Anyways, the five of us (mom, dad, me, ruth, allan) went to dinner at Erwin's on Saturday evening. yummo. Neill couldn't come because RTD was playing at Miskas on belmont (which is possibly also a deli???weird). Apparently the manager there is a douche.

Which brings me to a very important announcement

READY THE DESTROYER WILL BE PLAYING AT THE DOUBLE DOOR ON MARCH 25th AND IT WOULD BE SUPER AWESOME OF YOU TO COME. PLUS, IT IS MY BIRTHDAY ON MARCH 23RD SO COME HANG OUT WITH ME AT THE DOUBLE DOOR!!!!!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!