Sunday, April 6, 2014

Gratitude Weeks #5 and #6

Things have gotten so hectic around here. It is like everything just picked up speed and the weeks seem to be flying by. I need to remind myself to slow down, take deep breaths, and be present in the moment.

+ I have *finally* picked my dissertation back up. After taking a hiatus from working on it, inspiration hit and I'm back in the groove. I sent a draft off to my advisor this week and I'm feeling really good about it. I'm sure she will have some comments or suggestions, but in my mind my literature review is already in the realm of "good enough." I still need to finalize some methodological issues and tweak my planned analyses section, but I think I'm on track for proposing some time in June. yay!

+ On another school related note, my lab is working on a new publication. It is a review focused on creating practical tips for preventing burnout. I'm excited to be part of another publication. I will probably be second or third author, which is awesome. This will be my fourth publication. I truly love research and I feel lucky that I get to be involved in something I love so much.

+I'm feeling pretty giddy that the class I am teaching is almost over. While I have really liked teaching, it is a lot of work! Now that I don't have to prepare any more lectures, I am looking forward to having some time freed up that I can spend on other things (like my dissertation). I am giving a final on Tuesday and then the next two weeks are student presentations, so all I have to do is sit and write evaluations while students present. I am a big nervous about what my end of semester evaluations will look like. But, I know I did the best I could with the time I had.

From the looks of things, I have been pretty focused on my work life these last two weeks. And I guess that is pretty accurate. I do love me some psychology :) But, for good measure here is a really sweet picture of Jonah painting. I am always grateful for him!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!