Monday, March 24, 2014

Gratitude Week #4

+ Since this is my birthday weekend, I decided to plan a special play date for Jonah on Friday. Instead of  hosting just a regular ol' play date, I arranged for a musician from the Old Town School of Folk Music to come to the house and perform for the kids. It was so much fun! Jonah was entranced by the guitar and loved when the man brought out bubbles.

+Alex and Gracie scored last minute reservations at Schwa for Saturday night and were kind enough to invite me and Neill to dine with them. My mind was officially blown. It was easily the best meal I have ever had. And the four of us always have so much fun together. It was just the perfect way to celebrate my birthday. I wouldn't change one thing about that night.

+ On the topic of good friends, I am so lucky to have friends that I can rely on. Since the reservations at Schwa were so last minute, it was difficult to find a babysitter for Jonah. I actually did find one, but then she cancelled Saturday afternoon. Thankfully, Matt and Lisa stepped up and watched Jonah so that Neill and I could go out for my birthday. It was so nice of them! I am just in awe of how lucky Neill and I are to have such quality people in our life.

+ On Sunday, I spent the evening with Neill, my mom, and Lee. We went out to Carnivale - a restaurant I have wanted to try for years. Since I didn't think the restaurant would be very family friendly, we asked Letty to babysit Jonah. It was so wonderful to see her and catch up. She is just the most genuine person and her love for Jonah is amazing. I truly feel lucky to have her in our lives.

+I guess birthdays have been on my mind, because I've been doing some preparation for Jonah's birthday. I am planning to make a picture display with a photo from each month of his life. So, I've been spending a lot of time going through old pictures of Jonah and reminiscing about how much he has grown. He was just so freaking cute, I can't stand it.

Welcome to the world!

sleeping with mommy

One week old



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!