Friday, March 4, 2011

Thank God It's Friday!

Wowsa this week has been busy! There have been so many things swirling around my head, but I didn't do a very good job of making the time to sit down and write about them. Hence, the brain dump.

I saw this delicious spicy kale lasagna recipe on Annie's Eats. Doesn't that sound delicious? I wonder how much Kale I would have to eat to make up for eating homemade chocolate peanut spread for every meal. Probably a lot, right?

Have you heard Kim Kardashian's new song, Jam?


First time I listened - boring.
Second time I listened - boring.
Third time - growing on me. Don't judge!
What do you think?

Speaking of new music, my favorite artist under 10 years old - Willow Smith - released a new song, 21st Century Girl. Its not as catchy as Whip My Hair. Right? But I still think she is freaking awesome. Dear Willow, Can we be friend? Kthanksbye.

Speaking of young girls making music and being awesome.


I just don't know what to do about music that degrades women (or any other group, for that matter). On one hand, I wish I could completely dismiss songs with offensive lyrics. That seems like the "right" thing to do. On the other hand  . . .  I like some of that music. It is fun to dance to and some of the best exercise music too. So what is a girl to do?

There have been so many crazy celebrities this week making a fool out of themselves. Umm hello Charlie Sheen. But this business with John Galliano is particularly upsetting for me. As a Jew, I'm offended by his comments. And quite honestly, entering rehab does not excuse any of that business. Its interesting, because in France that sort of hate speech is illegal so Galliano might actually be charged for his tirades. What do you think about this? While some might look down upon that sort of talk here in the US, we as a society tend to value free speech above almost all else. I'm torn.

On a COMPLETELY different note, Neill and I got invited to his cousin's wedding this May in Ocho Rios JAMAICA! We are so excited! We went to Negril for our honeymoon and had such a wonderful time. We are looking forward to returning to Jamaica. We've decided to tack on a few extra days and make a real vacation out of it. Thinking of the beautiful water and the hot weather helps is helping me get through this tail end of winter. I suppose it should also be motivation for me to stay away from that chocolate spread, huh? 

3 comments:

  1. I only listened to Kim K's song once so I didn't get to the point of liking it. Buuuttt.. I always seem to end up liking something if I listen to it a lot so we'll see. I have the same thoughts about music degrading women... Sometimes I feel guilty listening to it but most of the time I'm just like whatevs... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lasagna looks like something I'd eat a few buckets of. Someone should invent the spicy kale lasagna buffet. Just for me. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy - I definitely thought the song was super boring the first time I heard it!

    Kurtm - ha! A spicy kale lasagna buffet might be a bit too niche. But, what about a lasagna buffet? That has potential.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!