Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

To kick off our Halloween weekend Neill and I carved pumpkins with a friend last night. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that mine is the one in the middle. It was supposed to be a cockeyed vampire pumpkin, but it kind of just looks like a fifth grader did it. Oh well.  Neill did his band logo and James just made a goofy face. I love how he did the eyes! I would have never thought of that. I'm going to have to brush up on my skills before next year.







I must admit though, my favorite part about pumpkin carving is the seeds. I love scooping them out with my hands and getting all gooey, I love roasting them in the oven, and I really love eating them when they are done! nom nom nom. If you are carving pumpkins this year YOU MUST make the pumpkin seeds. Just clean off the seeds in water to remove any residual pumpkin mush, coat in olive oil and salt, spread on baking sheet, and roast in oven at 325 for about 25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I adore pumpkin seeds! I just made a soup recipe that has pumpkin seeds on top, and it was delicious. Unfortunately actually carving a pumpkin slipped my mind this year. Fall is going by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!