Monday, October 18, 2010

Miller Time: T-Minus 30 Minutes

A month or so before the wedding we made a mix to play through an ipod and the house speakers for the thirty minutes prior to the ceremony. I am SO GLAD we did this! Not only did we get a ton of compliments on the music, but it was wonderful to hear all of the lovey dovey songs we picked out. Plus, now Neill and I can listen to this mix whenever we want. We played:
We’re going to be friends – The White Stripes
Way Tight – Ani Difranco
Forever – Ben Harper
First Day Of My Life – Bright Eyes
Keep It loose, Keep It Tight – Amos Lee
Say Yes – Elliot Smith
1234 - Plain White Ts
Red Right Ankle – The Decembrists
In The Aeroplane Over The Sea – Neutral Milk Hotel
Lucky -- Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat 
You Remind Me of Home – Ben Gibbard

This is the real pre-ceremony. The last thirty minutes. My heart was pounding and my adrenaline was up. The passage of time was marked by the change in music. Each time a song ended, I asked Neill how many more there were to go. Listening to these songs still gets my heart racing.

Guests did this:


And we did this this:



And after what seemed like a long while, You Remind Me of Home finished and We're Going to Be Friends started up again (which was okay since only a few people were there a full thirty minuets early to hear that song and really, I had bigger things on my mind besides worrying about a song playing twice) and it was time to get hitched!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!