Come July, I will have had this blog for two years. Two whole wonderful years. Time flies! For someone who has never been able keep a diary longer than a few weeks, this is quite an accomplishment. To celebrate - I'm thinking of getting my own domain. Neil and I have our wedding website at www.neillandalisha.com and I could do something similar like www.whateverIwant.com.
The hard part?
Figuring out what should go in the "whateverIwant" space. I'd like it to be aesthetically pleasing and easy to say, type, and remember. And, it has to have at least some vague relationship to me and who I am! But, I don't want it to have any identifying information (i.e. alisha'sblog) or be too specific to anything going on in my life (i.e. "graduate school" is out*). I wouldn't mind if there was a reference to Chicago in it, because let's be honest - chi town raised me crazy. But, nothing too specific like "chicagoblog".
I've used "illpullout" as a vanity url since highschool for a few different sites now. (Gosh, I can't believe me and my friends used to actually use myspace. I doubly can't believe that I haven't deleted mine yet, since I probably go on about twice a year, if that.) But, I think I'm ready to try something new. I've used "aliiisha" also, but this would break my no-name rule.
So, what do you think? www.thisishowitgoes.com, just doesn't flow well. Any ideas?
*I tried to think of more words that were specific to my life. Then, I realized that graduate school probably takes up 80% of my life right now, with the other 20% devoted to wedding planning. le sigh.