Monday, January 19, 2015

Crap Week

Last week was a crap week, filled with nerve wracking interviews, too much stress eating, and too little working out (#didn'tmakeittothegymonce).

The good news?

Today is Monday, which means the start of a brand new week with brand new possibilities. I don't have to repeat last week! I can get back on course!

And there is nothing like having a CANCUN trip in the near future to remotivate me.

Yes, you read that right. Some friends and I have decided to take a last minute girls trip to Cancun in February. We are leaving our husbands and kids and going to lounge on the beach with pina coladas. It is going to be pure bliss.  We leave in about 5 weeks.

So! New! Goal! Is to be down 20 pounds by Cancun. Currently, I'm down 15. So, all I need to do is steadily loose about one pounds per week between now and then. Totally attainable. Nothing crazy. #allaboutthatslowandsteady

A very exciting thing about this goal is that once I'm minus 20, I will be officially 1/3 of the way through my weight loss goal. CRAZY. I totally remember when losing 5 pounds felt impossible, and now I'm talking about making it to twenty. Progress is nice. But! I can't get complacent. I need to remind myself how awesome it will feel to be down 30  . . .40 . . .50. . . 60!

And with that, time to get my day started so that I have time for the gym!

Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure you're aware but whenever I click on your blog through Bloglovin, it won't let me read your posts saying I have to pay to read articles. For some reason it let me on today, but when I clicked another post, it blocked me. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thanks so much for reading my blog! What you are noticing is actually on purpose - I made the decision about a month ago to put a pay wall up on some of my posts. My plan is to make posts that take me a long time to write or posts that are really personal available to read for a small fee. Then other posts, like this one, will be free. This way, I get to make a teeny tiny bit of money from my work and keep the more personal posts a bit more private. I hope this makes sense and doesn't seem to weird! If you have any feedback about my new system, I'd love to hear it!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!