Saturday, November 13, 2010

White Night Stand Under 200 Dollars

Neill needs a night stand. Somewhere to put his glass of water. his glasses. his stuff. Really, I don't know how we've gone more than three years living here with just a big empty space where his bed side table should be. Oops!

But, now is the time! If only we can find one that just isn't so darn expensive! Who knew that night stands can cost hundreds and hundreds dollars? Maybe this is why we never got one for him . . .



so lovely, but so out of our price range


Picking out furniture has always been difficult for me. Well, not the picking it out. Its easy for me to see things I like. It is the following through and buying that is difficult. Somewhere along the way I developed a "second hand is best" mentality. Most of the pieces of furniture in our bedroom are second hand - bed frame (craigslist), my side-table (craigslist), dresser (hand me down from grandma), mirror (hand me down from mom), and book-case (built by mom, painted by us). In fact we only have two items that we actually purchased from an actual store: a beautiful full length mirror from Crate and Barrel, which we bought as an anniversary present to each other one year, and an Ikea Hemnes Dresser, which we bought when we first moved in because we needed somewhere to put our clothes ASAP.

Anyways, now that I've shared entirely too much information with you regarding our furniture, here is the dilemma. What nightstand to choose???











2 comments:

  1. Of those you pictured, I love the Charlotte. Have you checked out the Chicago Apartment Therapy classifieds? Sometimes deals pop up on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the charlotte too! but hubby likes the brighton from Crate and Barrell. Plus, we still have some gift cards from our wedding that we can use :) I don't know why we didn't register at pottery barn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!