Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gift Guide: For Mom

It is undeniable that the relationship between a mother and daughter is special. As I have gotten older I have been able to appreciate my mom for who she is  - a strong woman who strives to make this world a better place. But, sometimes this means that she puts the needs of others before her own. So around the holidays I always want to give her luxurious items that she will enjoy.

Here is my ultimate gift guide for moms. I hope my top ten gifts for mom's gave you a few good ideas for things your mom (or mother-in-law!) might want. I've included links to brand specific items, but most of these things can be substituted with your favorite line. In your opinion, what do you think the best gift for a mom is? 


[click the image to enlarge]



1. Caramel Marshmallows and Beer Gift Set from Vosges Chocolates. Everything Vosges makes is absolutely delicious, but my mom loves marshmallows so I think this would be the perfect box of sweets for her.

2. I love that my mom does yoga because it is something she does for herself! When she decided to get certified to teach yoga I gave her a new mat to show my support.

3. This year, my mom asked me for cashmere socks. Cashmere is so soft and comforting, I don't think you can go wrong with cashmere anything! But, I've got to say - cashmere socks sound so comfy, I might want a pair too. These cozy socks from Old Navy would also make a good stocking stuffer.

4. Every night before bed my mom relaxes and reads and this nonfiction book looks like a good read.

5. Bobbi Brown Lip and Eye Palette. Bobbi Brown is my mom's favorite cosmetic line and I think she would put this makeup palette to good use.

6. A good body scrub is a necessity during the cold Chicago winters and this scrub from Crabtree & Evelyn sounds divine.

7. A plush cashmere scarf just says luxury. Not only does it keep you warm, but its nice to cuddle with too.

8. Perfume is a simple luxury that can be enjoyed every day! I love this Burberry perfume, but its fun to pick whichever scent smells best to you. 

9. What woman doesn't love getting jewelry! These earrings from Sundance are a sophisticated take on the hoop earring.

10. I don't think my mom would purchases these Ugg slippers for herself,  but I just know she would love them! She hates being cold and is always looking for ways to bundle up. These are sure to keep her tootsies toasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!