Thursday, December 4, 2014

Big news!

I have some exciting and big news to share with y'all!


I stepped on the scale this morning and BAM - I'm down 10 pounds from my starting weight! I've been working like crazy to get here since the end of September and it feels SO GOOD to finally reach a goal. Maybe I should be embarrassed that it has taken me two months to lose 10 pounds, but I'm not. I'm just proud of myself!

I've made huge lifestyle changes since starting this journey. Before, I never worked out. Now, I work out every other day. Before, I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it. Now, I focus on eating home cooked foods and watching my portion size.

But you know what the biggest change is?

I'm making myself a priority.

Before, I felt too guilty about taking time away from my family to work on myself. So I completely let myself go (I hate that term, but it really applies here). Now, I see that I'm a better wife, mother, and person when I take time to get to the gym. Yes, it means sometimes I miss dinner or even bed time, but you know what? It means I'll be around longer, and be healthier longer. And having a happy, healthy parent is what is best for Jonah.



1 comment:

  1. 10 pounds in 2 months isn't embarrassing at all-- Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!