Friday, June 3, 2011

In Bed, Under the Covers



I feel badly that I've been neglecting my blog lately. And I feel even worse that I've been neglecting all of your wonderful blogs. I won't even tell you how many read posts I've starred in my reader with the intention of returning to leave a comment. Its a lot. I'm sorry. I promise that I will be back and commenting soon.

On the bright side, I've been MIA for good reason. My thesis defense is officially scheduled. I have two weeks before I have to give a copy of my final document to my committee members and so I've been expending lots of energy worrying about that.

My summer classes have also been keeping me busy. I'm in class everyday of the week except Friday. One of the classes I'm taking is a class on group therapy. So far, I've found it really interesting. I think when I'm licensed I'd really like to run groups so I am trying to soak up as much information as possible.

Working out has also been taking up time that was previously reserved for blogging. There are times when I don't want to go the gym, but I just tell myself that it doesn't matter whether I want to or not because I have to. The other day Jenna posted about her weight loss and while I do not agree with everything she said/recommends, I did appreciate this little part of her post:
Know that it’s going to be hard. And that maybe it will be the focus of your life for a period of time. Once you meet your goals, you get to move on with your life! You won’t regret the hard work for a moment.

Neill and I did manage to take some some time out to celebrate Memorial Day together. Monday was the first really warm and sunny day we had in Chicago and so we enjoyed the weather by taking a long walk around the lake, something that was on my summer bucket list. It was just as much fun as I thought it would be! Chicago's lakefront is truly beautiful and it really gave me a new found appreciation for my city.





I love the water. In my dream world, Neill and I would have a wonderful boat that we could take out onto Lake Michigan. 

Navy Pier


One of the best ways to see the city is through a boat tour. If you ever come to Chicago, you absolutely have to go on one. It takes you on the Chicago river and just a little bit into Lake Michigan. 

This cute little guy stole someone's snacks


I'm watching the Real Housewives of NYC and I'm reminded about how much I love Jill Zarin. Do you have a favorite real housewife?

alisha

23 comments:

  1. We took a quick trip to Chicaco a couple of years ago and I was so glad we did a boat tour! We got to see so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have some time to relax this weekend! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting your defense scheduled! I know that's a tough thing to get through. I love Chicago but I always go there for New Years to visit family friends in Elmhurst, so we don't get to go on the River. We have gone downtown a lot, and to the Museum of Science and Industry (which I love!). I love Chicago! Keep up the great work on the weight loss, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your having your defense scheduled! No need to apologize for being busy, you have a lot going on!!! And I can't wait to visit Chicago. I'll remember the tip about taking a boat ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've missed you around here, but school should be number one right now {other than your fantastic husband, of course}, so we understand. And since my own husband is getting his PhD in clinical psychology as well, I understand how busy you must be.

    Good luck with your thesis! I know you'll do great.

    xoxoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um yes on the housewife! Jill Zarin is where it's at. Holla!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos!

    I hear the boat tour at least once an hour as it passes by my building:) I love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alisha! Although we've clearly missed you, it's wonderful that you're taking care of yourself and your biz. You are going to rock your thesis defense!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you feel - luckily nothing lasts forever, and it looks like the end is in sight for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh, school I don't miss those days, lol!

    Anyways, I am a new follower! Feel free to stop by my blog or visit me on my new community for bloggers, it's a great way to connect with other bloggers: http://www.blogaholicnetwork.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alisha--I sure hope you're taking that time for yourself...blogging is such a labor of love, but real life is most important ;) thinking of you in the midst of all of your thesis craziness! xoxo {av}

    p.s. don't forget to enter my fab Whiting & Davis giveaway--you could win a handbag worth over $200!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just passed on a Versatile Blogger award to you :) http://hollyjean331.blogspot.com/2011/06/i-got-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never been to Chicago but I'll have to remember to take a boat ride!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy for you about your defense! It must be incredibly stressful, but I know you'll be great.

    I also love our lakefront. Ross proposed to me there, and it's Sunday's favorite place for walks. It'll always have a special place in my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love love LOVE the architecture tour in Chicago! Last time we were there, we took the night one. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Again, so jealous of you in Chicago! Love Lake Michigan, i spent 4 summers there sailing and fell in love over again each and every year!
    Also, gave you an award girly! Head over to my blog and pick it up!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your defense!
    And, I loved your Memorial Day pics - it was a hot one here!

    Hope you find some time to relax and enjoy the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. GOod luck on your thesis defense!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just found you in the blog world.. just wanted to say Hi! I too have had scoliosis (and the spinal surgery!) and have a hubs named Neil - which means we should be friends of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Come back, come back Alisha! (Bethenny is my all-time favorite housewife.) Swing by & have a look at my newly renovated online digs! Hope all is well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thought I had commented on this a while ago, but apparently not!

    Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm cheering you on with your thesis and your weight loss goals : ) That's so exciting!

    & I know how you feel-- I've really been having a hard time keeping up with my blog lately too, but I've been getting all kinds of crazy stuff accomplished.

    When is your defense scheduled for?

    ReplyDelete
  22. i hope your doing alright, it has been awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Every comment brings a smile to my face!